Once you find your ideal property, you need to know the fees you will be charged.
Using Daniel James Estate Agents to search for your new home is a totally free service. However the following 3rd party fees will apply:
- Referencing/Administration fee: £120 per tenant. This fee includes the professional referencing (employers, current or previous landlord, credit check and affordability check), administration, tenancy agreement and protecting your deposit.
- Reference checks for a guarantor: £60 if a guarantor is required.
- Inventory check: Whilst the landlord pays for the initial inventory and check-in, it is the tenant's responsibility to pay for the check-out at the end of the tenancy.
- Studio & 1 Bedroom £100.00
- 2 & 3 Bedrooms £120.00
- 4 & 5 Bedrooms £135.00
- 5+ Bedrooms £150.00
- Extension/Renewal fee: £72 payable on extension or renewal of the tenancy agreement.
- Change of Occupacy: £120 admin fee is due when a change of tenant is made during a tenancy (per tenant).
- Holding Deposit: Once we have found you a suitable property, we ask you for a holding deposit of £600 to secure the property. If the landlord does not accept your offer, we will refund your deposit. However, if you decide not to take up the tenancy, or you fail the referencing process, the deposit will be forfeited.
- Deposit: A month and half's rent will be taken as a security deposit and registered by Daniel James (the stakeholder) with the Tenants Deposit Scheme unless otherwise stated.
- Rent: The rent is payable by standing order monthly in advance. Longer periods of rent can be paid in advance subject to the landlord's agreement.
- Utilities: It will be the tenant's responsibility to register with the utilities companies and pay for usage. A meter reading will be taken upon moving in/out and logged onto the inventory reports. Utilities include gas, electrics, water rates and council tax. If you wish to have a telephone (even if supplied by the landlord), television, cable or satellite then these too will be your responsibility.
- Insurances: It is the tenant's responsibility to cover their own contents as these will not be covered by the landlord's policy. If required, you can organise a free, no obligation quotation by clicking here.
For more information please see our Guide for Tenants, everything you need to know to find the best rental home for you.
Please note that all our fees are inclusive of VAT at 20%. We don't like it any more than you do!